(ESV) ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.
This site is for educational purpose only.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This material advances the understanding of various issues related to religion and Christianity also relating to culture, history, and contemporary social issues. We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of you own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
This site is consistent with factors that guide fair use:
- The purpose and character of the use is for nonprofit educational purposes (the use is not commercial in nature)
- The nature of the copyrighted work typically are English translations of the Bible or New Testament. Teaching and research on biblical topics have cultural implications and serves the public interest
- The amount and sustainability of the used portion compared to the copyrighted work itself as a whole is minimal. Typically, no more than ten consecutive verses are quoted. Verses quoted are limited to the specific topic researched and represent a small portion of the copyrighted work (less than 500 of 31,373 verses in the Bible or of 7,959 verses in the New Testament)
- This use has minimal adverse effect on the market value of the copyrighted work. The result of this use predominantly serves to increase the market value due to in increased exposure and promotion as an authoritative or noteworthy source.
- The work is transformative. References to the original work are presented with comments, are arranged by relevancy to a specific topic, or are arranged to support particular assertions in reference to bible teachings.
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education, and research. Fair use is use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Email addresses and personal information are not shared with 3rd parties. We do not send unsolicited mass emails.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.