FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This material advances the understanding of various issues related to religion and Christianity also relating to culture, history, and contemporary social issues. We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of you own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
This site is consistent with factors that guide fair use:
- The nature of the copyrighted work typically are English translations of the Bible or New Testament. Teaching and research on biblical topics have cultural implications and serves the public interest
- The amount and sustainability of the used portion compared to the copyrighted work itself as a whole is minimal. Typically, no more than ten consecutive verses are quoted. Verses quoted are limited to the specific topic researched and represent a small portion of the copyrighted work (less than 500 of 31,373 verses in the Bible or of 7,959 verses in the New Testament)
- This use has minimal adverse effect on the market value of the copyrighted work. The result of this use predominantly serves to increase the market value due to in increased exposure and promotion as an authoritative or noteworthy source.
- The work is transformative. References to the original work are presented with comments, are arranged by relevancy to a specific topic, or are arranged to support particular assertions in reference to bible teachings.
- The purpose and character of the use is primarily for nonprofit educational purposes (the use is not commercial in nature).
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education, and research. Fair use is use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.